The State Land Board occasionally releases Requests for Proposals (RFPs) initiatives such as disposition of land, leasing opportunities, and service contracts. Market-based responses for RFPs support the Board’s selection process of determining the most beneficial opportunities for the trusts in order to preserve the long-term value and income of the assets.
The State Land Board is pleased to release of the North Mountain Ranch RFP (announced and posted on March 1, 2021). This RFP solicits competitive proposals for a 10-year recreation lease and a 10-year agriculture lease on the North Mountain Ranch trust land located in the North Mountain/Lone Cone area of San Miguel and Dolores counties.
- North Mountain Ranch consists of approximately 10,894 continuous acres.
- The recreation lease is being offered on the entire 10,894 acres.
- The agricultural lease is being offered on approximately 75% or 8,210 acres of the entire property and is limited to the middle and eastern portions of the property.
Interested parties may bid on either lease individually, or both leases combined. Click here for the entire RFP document.
We will be accepting responses to the North Mountain Ranch RFP from July 1, 2021 to July 28, 2021.
Mandatory open house for interested parties
The State Land Board will be hosting a mandatory open house tour of the property and attendance by the applicant or their representative is required in order to submit a proposal. We are no longer accepting reservations for the open house. Open house participants were required to RSVP no later than May 31, 2021.
- Party size is limited to three people per interested party.
- Vehicle access throughout the Ranch is limited and to fully view the property an ATV or UTV is recommended.
- There is a limit of three ATV’s or one UTV per party.
- Limited viewing of the property will also be possible via 4WD vehicle.
There are two dates for the open house:
- June 29, 2021
- June 30, 2021
NOTE: all attendees are expected to comply with all COVID safety parameters, including wearing masks and social distancing. The open house tour of the property is subject to change or cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Watch our 4-minute aerial video of the property:
Q&A Regarding RFP for North Mountain Ranch
The Land Board will post all questions and answers pertaining to RFPs on this website within five business days of receiving the question.
(Last update: 3/1/2021 at 11 am)