Lease with us!

The State Land Board earns money for Colorado public schools by leasing trust land and minerals. 95% of your lease payments support Colorado schools. We use only 5% to fund our operations because we receive no tax dollars.


Bonds and insurance

All leases have bonding and insurance requirements. 

  View bond/insurance requirements


In addition to lease contracts, we also issue permits when we receive requests for short-term land access. We only issue permits if there will be little or no impact to the land. Permit types include:

  • exploration
  • road access
  • temporary access
  • Commercial filming/photography

  Inquire about a permit