As the second-largest landowner in the state, we rely on maps. A lot.
Our Geographic Information System (GIS) is publicly available and provides a catalog of:
- All surface trust land (2.8 million acres)
- All trust mineral estate (4 million acres)
- Ownership records for all trust surface land and mineral estate
- All current lease records on trust assets
- And more!
You can view the data in several ways:
(Hint: the map server is the most popular and easiest to use!)
Tips for using the map server:
- The fastest way to look up state owned land records is by using the "find" tool. You can search by Township/Range or Section, County, Lease Number, Lessee Name, Property Name or Lat/Long coordinates.
- Use the help tab for assistance.
Use the map server to download a copy of a lease:
You can download a copy of a lease and any associated lease riders with three easy steps:
- Click the parcel of land on the map or enter the lease number in search box.
- Select the lease record number from the left column.
- Click the orange L in the top left column (pictured right).
Viola! You will see the lease record and can download it.
We are continuing to make more copies of State Land Board leases readily available to you through this map server. If you can't find what you're looking for, we're here to help! Simply fill out this form or contact us.